• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

CBS & CRS ?

lil-lynx

Will crystal black shrimp breed with crystal red shrimps , if so what would the outcome be ?

And also how do you get the best colour shrimp from breeding, and any tips of breeding the above would be great ! !

sa80mark

Im quite new to shrimp but from what ive been reading cbs and crs are the same species and do breed together due to them being the same species just a different colour form if a cbs and crs breed you can get either cbs or crs shrimplets and in (again from what ive read) most case you will get a mix of crs and cbs from the spawn. As to getting the best colour its a case of trying to separate the best colour / marked shrimp and selectively breeding them

Im not really sure if this helps you

Mark

lil-lynx

Thats great , I will try and keep both red and black, any ideas the best place around the Heathrow area for some ?

mafoo

Dr
Thats great , I will try and keep both red and black, any ideas the best place around the Heathrow area for some ?

If your going to get lots, drive round the north circular and get them from freshwater shrimp.co.uk otherwise I know the ma at osterly has a few of each species for twice the price. Phone them before and check.

lil-lynx

I dont want many , maybe only 5-10 CRS if that and maybe a Golden bee or two ?