• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cavalier_Steve’s first post.

Hello everyone, my name is Steve as my username may suggest, I’m into Vauxhall Cavalier’s which is another one of my hobby’s and is the first part of my username, it’s a better username than my old goto username (Steven715) and I think Cavalier Steve fits me very well, :) that’s enough about the car side of my hobby that’s not what I’m here for or anyone would want to hear about I’m sure, so on with talking about my fishy hobby.
I have kept a tank since I was a teenager, nothing fancy as at the time I was only interested in keeping tropical fish, the tank was a clearseal and was roughly about 50 odd litres until I sold it which I regret, I then got a biorbe style column tank after that I got a fluval chi and now I have a 52 litre fish r fun tank which is my first planted aquarium, I have enjoyed this over the past few years but unfortunately I have outgrown it, my wife has said I'm allowed to buy myself a larger tank with a deal that I clear some of my rubbish out of the spare room :eek:

We have found a tank that we both like which I’m saving up for and my wife has said that she will give me some money towards it for my birthday in March.
So I thought I would start researching what theme I want to loosely base the new aquarium on, I want to run a CO2 system and this is how I have come across this site and enjoyed reading a few posts, people seem friendly here and there is some great advice on here to read, I haven’t noticed any talking down to other people which is great to see, so here I am.

I suppose I better post a picture of my current setup which I’m not proud of honestly as the stem plants are growing quite tall at the front instead of at the back but it’s taken since October for these to get to this stage and I really don’t want to disturb them, just yet anyway it’s starting to get into a happy spot since I re-scaped it.

So for my new tank, My wife and I very much like the 200L Fluval Shaker, my aim is/was to do an Amazon river style but I really would like to use a quartz sand as my capping, hardly the Amazon river is it but I want to use a large piece of bog wood and use plenty of plants, I want to keep mainly tetras I have always wanted a tetra tank, only this time I’m doing it properly. My first few questions will be CO2 system related, I have an idea what I want, but I’m going to confirm my choices with your help to make sure that I’m spending my money on good stuff, as I estimate that this project tank included will cost me around £1000 to get it up and running to somewhere near where I want it.

Sorry bit of a long post for a simple hello but that’s me:D
So that me, thanks for reading if you got this far.
Steve.

Attachments

• 4A6E2E1A-E8D4-433C-9EF3-8B8BF489F5CB.jpeg
    4A6E2E1A-E8D4-433C-9EF3-8B8BF489F5CB.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 203
Thank you for the warm welcome everyone. I’m sure to try and make a journal when I setup my new tank, I like pictures when I read this stuff so I will aim to put up plenty of them.

Cheers everyone.

Back