• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Causes of Crypt Melt?

Bobtastic

Hi all,

I'm wanting to find out the causes of crypt melt. I've had mine in my tank for a while and since the addition of pressurised Co2 they've come on leaps and bounds, but just in the last week they seem to be melting away... Also I seem to have had an outbreak of BBA or Oedogonium, I'm not quite sure which....

I'm holding off doing any major changes until all the ingredients to my DIY TPN+ arrive as my first thoughts was that I am not adding enough ferts. I've tried increasing the Co2 a little but it seems the defuser I have isn't as efficient as I thought as I get lots of bubbles floating around my tank and resting on the surface...

Bobtastic said:
Hi all,

I'm wanting to find out the causes of crypt melt. I've had mine in my tank for a while and since the addition of pressurised Co2 they've come on leaps and bounds, but just in the last week they seem to be melting away... Also I seem to have had an outbreak of BBA or Oedogonium, I'm not quite sure which....

I'm holding off doing any major changes until all the ingredients to my DIY TPN+ arrive as my first thoughts was that I am not adding enough ferts. I've tried increasing the Co2 a little but it seems the defuser I have isn't as efficient as I thought as I get lots of bubbles floating around my tank and resting on the surface...

Bob

Have a read at the attached:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9494#p101787

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7037

Regards
paul

Back