• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

caridina shrimp

Hi again ☺,

Does anyone know the best way to lower hard water from the Tap with out a RO system (if that is right)?

Contemplating on getting cardina shrimp next but my GH is 180+

No, sorry. I installed a small RO system when I started keeping caridina and it was neither expensive nor difficult to install.

Sent from my [null] using Tapatalk

Hi again ☺,

Does anyone know the best way to lower hard water from the Tap with out a RO system (if that is right)?

Contemplating on getting cardina shrimp next but my GH is 180+

Rainwater, if you have a large enough water butt to store the water for your given tank size.

You can also buy RO water if you don't want to use an RO system yourself, either from a LFS or from a dedicated supplier like Spotless Water.

Also you'll want a substrate that lowers the pH anyway, lots of shrimp soils out there.

Also, RO systems easily screw onto taps, in case this helps you out? Some people don't like the waste of water though, in which case rainwater is your friend.

Thanks for the reply guys. I had no idea about Spotless company. After Google searching ive found there is one in Bristol. Looks like I will be definitely be investing in a water butt also as at some stage would like a koi pond. So again thank you guys 😁

Back