• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Caridina shrimp in scape with seiryu

bengill

Hi all. So I've recently created this scape just over 2 weeks ago. The stone is 16kg of dark seiryu stone which I'm aware alters the hardness of the water. Just using normal tap water currently while it's cycling. Post waterchange the tds from the tap is 140ppm. After 2 days the tds has gone up to 280ppm. Does anyone have experience with keeping caridina in a tank with seiryu stone? I was going to switch over to RO after cycling but if the stone is going to affect the water so much I'll not be able to have caridina anyway there's no point.

Cheers
Screenshot_20220228-215335_Gallery.jpg

I'd say you'll definitely be up against it, if you're hoping to optimise conditions for crystals. On the other hand, regular neocaridina will thank you for it, I've noticed much better breeding in neo tanks with seiryu.

Ps, superb Scape, really like the style

I'd say you'll definitely be up against it, if you're hoping to optimise conditions for crystals. On the other hand, regular neocaridina will thank you for it, I've noticed much better breeding in neo tanks with seiryu.

Ps, superb Scape, really like the style
This was my thinking to be honest, I think in the end I'll probably just end up going for some high grade neos and amanos.

Thankyou! It's definitely been a challenge for me 🤣

Back