• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cardinal Tetra Hiding

Get some Rams, they will soon have your tetras out and shoaling.

Hi mine did it all the time; little blighter's. However, I recently reduced my lighting and took the background off (it is now open and I think it looks better, gives a better sense of depth), and now they deign to make more frequent stage appearances. But then again, the tank they are in is very heavily planted and I think all the fish have gone native on me. They are all way too happy in their environment to worry about a little thing like entertaining the likes of me.

I have the same problem with my Cardinals, and Rummys. I put it down to either high CO2 concentrations throughout the lighting period, or the light intensity. I run 3x39watt on a 180ltr!

I think a few people on here struggle with the same to. I myself am doing....again. They hid away for a long time, but started to come back out, now I've changed my halide unit. Same wattage different make, and they hide away unless it's food time. Even my bloody rummies are doing the same!!

Back