• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

cant decide which ada tank

sa80mark

Ive been away working very hard and have decided to treat my to an ada tank but im having a massive problem deciding on which one to go for, its either a 60p or 60f I know the 60p lends itself to a wider choice in scaping and fish etc but the 60f looks superb and seems to be a real chalange with it being so short. So if you had the choice what would you choose?

I should add this will be my first "real" go at aquascaping and as yet have not made up my mind on scape, plants or fish I only know I want shrimp.

Mark

Hi Mark

Tough choice, but a nice dilemma to be in. :)

I really like shallow tanks but prefer them with more front to rear depth than the 30cm that ADA produce, even with their 120-F. I don't think ADA produce glassware specifically designed for their F range either, which seems a bit odd.

Have you considered the TMC Signature? 60x45x30cm? Perfect dimensions IMHO, and quality of the finish is very similar.

The 60-P is a classic and rightly so. The aspect ratio (height to length) is almost perfectly conforming to the golden ratio, making it easier to design stronger compositions, especially with access to decent hardscape with plenty of height.

Cheers,
George

Thanks george, I toyed with the idea of the tmc range but cant seem to find anywhere local that can get them and as I only ride a motorbike it limits me alot, I suppose one option would be to find somewhere that delivers,

I never thought deciding on what tank would be the hard part

Mark

Perfect timing Mark. I'm also having the same dilemma so appreciate the question.

Thanks George!! Bringing the mrs in to help with the final decision.

Mark I think it has to be the TMC! The next question George is which light to match the clean lines of the tank?

When I looked into the tmc the information I found all seemed towards 2 tmc mini 400 led tiles, im leaning towards the tmc 60 x 45 x 30

Just measured my space and I think it has to be a 60p for me. The TMC 45 depth is too much. The 60p 30 depth is perfect although the36 in height feels too high?

I've had a TMC tile a bit bulky & ugly for me. There still seems to be a lack of clean & beautiful light options. I'm thinking Aquasky although a touch plasticky, if only I could afford a Solar or similar...

I have space for a new moss / shrimp tank in my living room......so will be looking into a nice new tank for later in the year. Interesting comments on the lighting.

Ill add my two penneth...

The TMC tanks are excellent, they aren't far from the build quality of the Ada tanks ime.

Regarding the lighting, the new TMC tile, rendition wise, isn't much different to the solar 1. The spread seems to be a lot better on the TMC tile. Saying that I have never used a solar 1, but seen it in action.

i think i must be used to it. Its pain to do video with though as checked with Mark due having to do a custom white balance.

Yes the £100 is nasty to deal with but the last one ran for 2 years before it popped and I dont think it looked any different with the replacement. Ideally I'd like to change to LED due to the power and bulb saving but cant afford it at the mo. Solar 1 LED, now that would get me saving :)

Back