• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Canister for 120p

OsirisII

Good day. I would like to hear some recommendations for 120P tank (120x50x50).
I was looking at Blau SSF 2654. I found one german review, and don’t speak german. I can’t find any ussr info anywhere.
Next what I looked at was the FZone Astra Stream, although this is a smaller filter.
ADA is out of question due to price.
Any other recommendations, or anyone have some experience with these filters?
Thanks for answers

Fluval 07 or FX series, Oase Biomaster, Eheim.

Edit - Just seen your in the Netherlands, make sure whichever brand you go for his good support/warranty/spare parts available where you are.

Last edited:
I know all about them and expect fluval i have all of them. I specifically asked for a big canister, not some 5l in one moth 30% flow weak pump

I know all about them and expect fluval i have all of them. I specifically asked for a big canister, not some 5l in one moth 30% flow weak pump

I'll assume you're not normally so abrasive when someone is trying to help you and chalk it up to language barrier. In the future, if you want information, it's best to give information, nobody can help you properly with a filter with the limited details you gave. What fish are you planning to keep? Are you planning to run 1 filter or two filters? Will you be using a powerhead? Is it a CO2 injected tank or is it low tech? Do you require a pre-filter? Do you require a heater? All these things should impact your potential filter choice.

Fluval 407: 1450 l/h
Oase Biomaster 850: 1550 l/h
Fluva FX2 - 1800l/h
Fluval FX4 - 2650l/h
Fluval FX6 - 3500l/h

There's a few to get you started.

If you want really big you could look at the Aquael Hypermax. Similar spec of pump as the Blau SSF 2654, large plastic body on wheels, bluetooth control of DC pump with phone app, integrated pre-filter, optional integrated heaters. Might be a bit too much flow for a 120p but the DC pump can be electronically reduced which also cuts power consumption.

AQUAEL External Filter Hypermax Link

AQUAEL External Filter Hypermax 4500 BT

If you are looking for big capacity and big power, then the FX series is the way to go, according to what owners have told me.

But, as @FrozenShivers has said, the more information you can provide, the better the advice will be.

Back