• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Can you disassemble an aquarium?

Stickleback

I have had an amazing braceless aquarium and cabinet made for me out here in Vietnam. I could never afford the same in the U.K.

At some point I will be heading back to the U.K. The trouble is the tank takes at least 4 people to move it, but if i could simply take it back as the 5 sheets of glass and have it reassembled back home it would be more viable.

Is it possible to run a fine wire between the panes or anything like that?

Many thanks

S

for what it would cost for shipping and reassembly at this end you may as well build a brand new tank yourself once you're back in the UK I bet brandnew glass cut to size would cost less than secure shipping for 5 panels from vietnam to uk

hinch said:
for what it would cost for shipping and reassembly at this end you may as well build a brand new tank yourself once you're back in the UK I bet brandnew glass cut to size would cost less than secure shipping for 5 panels from vietnam to uk

I will be shipping stuff anyway, so the extra will cost very little. Once you have paid for the first cubic meter each additional one is not so expensive.

Cheers

S

i'm betting you can buy all the glass for under £100 brand new the assembly costs are going to be the same regardless.

hinch said:
i'm betting you can buy all the glass for under £100 brand new the assembly costs are going to be the same regardless.

I have no idea, you tell me.

L140 W80 H60cm

15mm glass, single sheet base, braceless.

S

You would never get a tank like that cheap enough in England, most tank builders would seal the panels together for you for a fee or you could DIY it, its not too hard.

I order my glass in and build custom optiwhite tanks and there is no way even I could get 15mm glass cut and sanded of that size for around 100 quid. I would be paying more as I would need to get that thicknesses specifically for that job, and so would other builders. On the contrary you could build that tank with thinner glass quite easily and safely. :)
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Back