• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

can orienting the spraybar against glass have ill effect on water quality

Tistou

Hi,

I keep fundulopanchax nigerianus killifishes in a 54 liter tank. Due to reproduction, my tank is a little bit overpopulated at the moment and I'm having trouble giving away some of my fish.
This overpopulation kind of forced me to upgrade my filter. I went from an eheim aqua 60 to eheim aquaball 130. My problem is : those fish don't like too much flow. I tried orienting the spraybar across the tank but that seemed to disturb and stress them. I now have it oriented against a glass and the fish look to like it better that way. It also allows me to run the filter almost at full flow without disturbing them to much. The question is : does orienting the spraybar this way means that my filter can handle less bioload than if it ran across the tank ?
I hope that my english is understandable to you and that you will be able to answer me 🙂

Edit : corrected the new filter's named.
Edit also : I should have specified that it is a low tech tank without CO2 injection. I only used liquid carbon on some BBA that appeared, probably due to underfiltration.

See you !

Last edited:
In a 54-litre tank, I would not worry.

Thank you ! It's good to know

Envoyé de mon SM-A546B en utilisant Tapatalk

Back