• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Can anyone recommend an indoor plant?

castle

Hello,

We've got a large south facing window/door (floor to ceiling) which is about 12ft across. We're looking to get a nice plant that will thrive indoors, but won't grow much bigger than 6ft high, preferably not bushy. Pot size max would be about 1 foot in diameter.

Any suggestions? :)

Mother in laws tongue (Sansevieria species) we have a couple in exactly the same environment you mention.
Desert plants enjoy full sun & small pot, grow to about 4 / 5 ft. Just be careful as a high plant in a small pot can topple easily.

Echinodorus sp. just for fun to stay in the ukaps territory of aquatic plants. :) They are extremely hardy plants emersed.. Might have some trouble in the winter when central heating is on and the plant is to close to it.. But it depends, it definitively will survive it and come back full ornate in spring time. Have several growing at the time in pots in living room climate.. Good thing is, it is a plant you just can;t over water.. ;)

You could also try Peace Lilys, Spider plants, Ficus and 'ZZ' plants

We went for a peace lily.. It looks okay for the time being :)

You will probably need to move it in the summer as the leaves can easily burn and they like a lot of water. I keep mine in the top of my pencilfish tank hydroponically.

Back