• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Calling photographers - aquarium backing

Put a HD TV behind and have it playing a live stream of the changing outside weather conditions. Then at night you could play some 3D graphics of space objects like supernovas etc. You want to see birds flying and clouds whizzing over Andrew.

Put a HD TV behind and have it playing a live stream of the changing outside weather conditions. Then at night you could play some 3D graphics of space objects like supernovas etc. You want to see birds flying and clouds whizzing over Andrew.
And there lies the problem of having pipes etc running up the back as mentioned in the initial post.
I'm unsure quite how a TV sits with water, I'll let you try ;) maybe the result will be as good as your suggestion. o_O

Well I mentioned it because Casco Pet do something very similar, and it looks stunning. They would be the people to talk to about digital printing with background lighting, and they have some of the best artistic designers in the country. They have been market leading in this field for several years. I have visited one of their commercial installations and was really impressed, so was the owner. Give them a buzz, and tell them your requirements, and that Simon Cole recommended them ;):
+44 1403 248 244

There's a huge difference between putting a HD TV behind an aquarium and a printed background!
They do both. The printed background is like a photograph that glows. It has a light behind it. They seem to have all the right connections in the trade to do this.
The TV they offer is a different service. In fact, they do a wide range of things, like custom racks and display tanks. Great company. Tell them that Simon Cole recommended them.

Havent got time to find the journal but a years back Mark Evan's had a sky background printed for one of his tanks... it was more of a blue sky but worked brilliantly. From memory he just went to his local printers and then selected an image from there data base and had it printed on vinyl... if you use the search tool you could probably find it in his journal. Think it was his 90cm....
The journals are worth a look anyway as he made exceptional scapes and photography.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Havent got time to find the journal but a years back Mark Evan's had a sky background printed for one of his tanks... it was more of a blue sky but worked brilliantly. From memory he just went to his local printers and then selected an image from there data base and had it printed on vinyl... if you use the search tool you could probably find it in his journal. Think it was his 90cm....
The journals are worth a look anyway as he made exceptional scapes and photography.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Thanks for the input Iain :)
https://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/blue-sky-iwagumi-overgrown.15651/page-4
This one?

Back