• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cabinet Height?

What height are most folks Aquarium Cabinets? In the past I’ve made cabinets using easily available doors or made use of existing furniture. Just wondered what folks think is a good height?

Most I've seen are 70cm tall but I find 80cm to be much better for a medium size tank (90p pe), If the tank is smaller I would make the stand a bit taller, like 90cm tall for a 60p.

Keep in mind if it's too tall maintenance becomes a burden, you should be able to reach the bottom of the tank easily with your hand, and if the glass is taller than your armpit that is not so easy.

I guess it also depends on your existing furniture and decor and from what angle you like to view you tank from. Personally I prefer lower cabinets around 65-70cm high, they're less dominant, fit in well with my other furniture and it's a good angle for viewing from a sofa. Only one concern is making them tall enough to fit a CO2 fire extinguisher with reg.

Back