• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

C02 system

Markn76

Evening all. Absolutely loving all the info on here so far.
I'm now looking at putting c02 on my display. Does anyone recommend any of the more budget friendly systems or are they a ticking time bomb?
Being so new to the forum I cant yet use the sales page but please feel free to let me know if you have one for sale , obviously as close to South Wales as possible , or able to provide postage
TIA
Mark

Best budget reg I’d say is the strideways one -

You‘ll also need -
— co2 tubing
  • drop checker kit including liquid
  • diffuser, in-line or in tank. In-line is particularly better with larger tanks of using spraybar.
  • a nice u bend if going intank diffuser to keep it all neat
  • co2 bottle, check out adams gas website for local stockists Or out of date fire extinguisher.

You can get cheaper regulators but very hit and miss in QC and longevity in my opinion.

S.

Hi Mark, another Aussie and from NSW good job. I have been running two ebay Co2 regs for a few years now with no problems. I did however seal up the incorporated drip checkers with plumbers tape as they did leak and are useless that close to the regulators. I use remote drip checkers. I also use the home brewing gas bottles also on ebay as they are a lot easier to get refilled from the brewing shops. DIY In line defuser is certainly a better option and last forever. The power cords on the regs have US plugs that either need to be changed to ours or JayCar had adaptors, same voltage 220v is OK on our voltage.
Any help or photos feel free......
Dirk

I got this for £40 on Amazon, nicrew, works well for me; however I will probably make the jump to a more well known brand like co2 art soon.
Screenshot_20211121-012511~2.png

Aqua360, that looks like a bargain and as you found out is perfectly fine but the key is in the description where it states “twin gauge” where as the more expensive models are “twin stage”
Whats the difference between twin gauge and twin stage please ?

Back