• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

by the Forest Shore (ADA 60P)

Pedro Rosa

SETUP

by the Forest Shore (Aquarium ADA 60 cm)

Date: 16 June 2013
Took me 4h30 hours (after wood arrangements and tests)

diagram-1.jpg

Filter Eheim Ecco 2234

Heater Jagger 75w

CO2 TMC 567g Pressurized, Solenoid Valve, Difusor Aquagrow

Lights Aquaeden - Ramirezzi Solstar 4x24w (just two are used: 6500k+8000k.)

Substrates Ada
Ada Penac-W
Ada Power Sand L
Ada Amazonia Aqua Soil
Ada Amazonia Aqua Soil Powder
ADA La Plata Sanda

Hardscape
ADA Hornwood
ADA Aqua Gravel

Tropica Plants:
Rotala sp. Green
Rotala wallichii
Ludwigia sp.
Hottonia Palustris
Ammania sp. Bonsai (1-2-grow)

Anubias Moss:
Leptodictium Riparium

Description:

This aquarium is the replacement for Beach Cliff, that were assembled on 30 June 2012.
I used wood instead of a mainly rocks... but not redmoor. I liked this hornwood and the wood i saw at the store was pretty neat.
It took me long hours to test the wood layout and have all wood assembled this way (7 pieces on the two wood parts that you can see at the picture).

Someone that lives with me :) wanted sand... so i used La Plata Sand on the front and on the "river". This sand was a left over of Beach Cliff. Between the sand and the Aquasoil i use ADA Aqua Gravel - very nice piece of small rocks.

Different from what is suppose to happen, i used the wood in the front of the aquarium and plant behind it. They are all stem plants.

In "front" i will only use Ammania Bonsai.

On the left side i uses Hottonia Palustris behind and Rotala Wallichi - trimming is expected to be hard.
On the right side / middle i used Rotala Green behind and Ludwidia sp.

Moss is Leptodictium Riparium, new from Anunias (all other plants are Tropica).

Lets see if the growing will make the layout i thought of.

Step-by-Step Movie (~4min)

[BBvideo 560,340]

Photos:

fs-day0-1.jpg

fs-day0-2.jpg

fs-day0-3.jpg

fs-day0-4.jpg

fs-day0-5.jpg

fs-day0-6.jpg

fs-day0-7.jpg

fs-day0-8.jpg

fs-day0-9.jpg

Plants were barely in vertical position :)

fs-day0-10.jpg

fs-day0-11.jpg

fs-day0-12.jpg

fs-day0-13.jpg

Pedro.

Hi
Nice set up mate !!
I like the wood arrangement and these small stones around the wood is giving a very nice feeling !
I also like the tension that the vertical wood branch on the left gives.
Don't you think that adding bigger stone like 2 time or 3 time bigger against the wood than the one you have place would give a better and natural feeling than all these small stones ? I am not criticizing just an advice and a opinion.

I will closely follow your journal because when I saw the wood and stone arrangement a small came to my face lol.

Cheers mate

Zanguli

looks lovely! the small stones make the the pieces of wood look massive! the photography is dam good too!
Is it just a white sheet of card you have at the back?

Cheers,
Nutty

Great thread again Pedro!

I always love your set up videos and this layout looks like a real winner.

Hi guys,

Only nice words as usual. Thank you very much.
Trying to reply to some of your words, i used these rocks because bigger rocks were less natural, like Nutty says. But who knows if bigger ones wouldn't make it look good? :)
Now i'll watch it grow and hope to do some trimming on the next couple of weeks - Rotala Green is there :)

Some updates from Day 2. Plants are now vertical :) The first pictures were taken right after planting.

fs-day2-1.jpg

fs-day2-2.jpg

fs-day2-3.jpg

fs-day2-4.jpg

fs-day2-5.jpg

The luring pathway through the wood reminds me of the film sleepy hollow. Nice ideas you have and some realy nice photos.:) thanks for sharing . I'll be watching this too.

lovely looking tank and enjoyed the vid very helpful

Thanks dean

Very Nice! Could you tell me what size of ADA Aqua Gravel in your tank? Thanks a lot. :)

Very Nice! Could you tell me what size of ADA Aqua Gravel in your tank? Thanks a lot. :)

Smal and medium. Luckily i was able to get only a certain amount from my ADA dealer and not all of the packages.

Day nine update

Some photos from today.

fs-day9-1.jpg

Moss is growing very well.

One photo from the water change today (4th).

fs-day9-2.jpg

fs-day9-3.jpg

fs-day9-4.jpg

fs-day9-5.jpg

fs-day9-6.jpg

Pedro.

Vito, thank you very much.
I had a rock hardscape on the previous layout and i also have a Seyru Hardscape at Green&Grey so i wanted to to something with wood.
I had a lot of work with this 7 pieces of wood.
Many configurations until i reached this one and then to join them together to build these two pieces...
Good luck :thumbup:

First of all, a picture from the full aquarium (yestarday)
Stems will be trimmed maybe tomorrow.
fs-day14-1.jpg

But i'm loving these new 2 cm Amanos. They are cleaning all wood and have a very nice position for photos :)
One doubt: they have different colorations. Look at the photo with both Amanos.
Is this normal?
I have Amanos for years and never saw it.

fs-day15-1.jpg

fs-day15-2.jpg

fs-day15-3.jpg

fs-day15-4.jpg

Back