• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Buying Fish & Critters Online ?

Tim Harrison

Administrator
UKAPS Team
I'm fast approaching the stage where I would normally be considering buying fish and shrimp for my scape.
Buying online is an option I've dismissed in the past but with everyone confined to barracks I may have to reevaluate.
That is if anyone can recommend a reputable online store selling decent livestock?

I've used Aquaticstoyourdoor for Marines before, fish were good quality well packaged and you can arrange the delivery date.
I wonder though if deliveries of non-essential items will be allowed at the present time.

I wonder though if deliveries of non-essential items will be allowed at the present time.
It's okay at the moment, I took an Amazon delivery this morning. And the business my wife works for is concentrating on online sales and delivery atm.
But the situation is fluid and who knows what the future holds...

Won’t be long I think.....!

I now kinda know how people in sunnier climbs get a warning that a tornado storm is coming. It’s really weird and not in a nice way!

Kesgrave Tropicals. Packaging is superb and fish are kept warm with heat packs. Usually small/juvenile fish with plenty of room for growth, and excellent health. Excellent communication. More affordable than visiting LFS, due to petrol costs. It helps especially when you are looking for something like the Siamese algae eater Crossocheilus oblongus, which local dealers will often confuse with the flying fox Epalzeorhynchos kalopterus. These guys know exactly what they are doing.

I will probably never visit a LFS again. I don't mind visiting actual aquascaping shops for plants and hardscape though.

Kesgrave Tropicals. Packaging is superb and fish are kept warm with heat packs. Usually small/juvenile fish with plenty of room for growth, and excellent health. Excellent communication. More affordable than visiting LFS, due to petrol costs. It helps especially when you are looking for something like the Siamese algae eater Crossocheilus oblongus, which local dealers will often confuse with the flying fox Epalzeorhynchos kalopterus. These guys know exactly what they are doing.

I will probably never visit a LFS again. I don't mind visiting actual aquascaping shops for plants and hardscape though.

I can vouch for kesgrove! I’ve used them before! Very very good service! Obviously postage is expensive but £15 for as many fish as you need ain’t that bad!

Edit:
It’s now £20, that has changed today as I was ordering some embers on eBay!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a shame that Sweet Knowle aren’t able to deliver. I can also vouch for the quality of their stock, and when I’ve visited in the past they’ve taken great care to package the fish for me because I was driving a long way. They charge the air in the bags using an oxygen cylinder, which is a great idea. I’ve never used them for delivery, but I’d be happy to do so having seen how they prepare fish for a long journey.

Another Vote for kesgrave, have ordered from them many times. And always been great. This is where I got my Sulawesi shrimp from years ago.
Also Premier Aquatics - Have been buying from steve for years from his fish house and from club auctions. Now he has his own place in Runcorn, even better. Have ordered fish from him this week.
Another Great shop is Watermarque - Ebay. Placed alot or orders and again always great.

Kesgrave, Horizon, Sweet Knowles all mention using APC for shipping, so confirm courier details before ordering

Hi all,
Also Premier Aquatics - Have been buying from steve for years from his fish house and from club auctions. Now he has his own place in Runcorn, even better.
I've never bought anything from Steve (Ste Chesters) but I've talked to him a lot over the years and he is definitely the "man who can".

cheers Darrel

Hi all,I've never bought anything from Steve (Ste Chesters) but I've talked to him a lot over the years and he is definitely the "man who can".

cheers Darrel

absolutely Yes, All of the Fish i have had from him have been far above any fish from a chain LFS.
The Cardinals(when i moved to Derby) I had from him were some of the best I have ever seen. And were only 75pence each at the time.
I have ordered some Gold Rams from him this week. And can't wait for them to arrive, And Cross with my Balloons.
Also Nothing is ever too much trouble.

I’ve just visited the Sweet Knowle web site, and I can no longer see any messages about them being unable to deliver. I’m sure I saw prominent messages when I checked before posting above. I wonder if that means they’re delivering again!

Edited to add: I’ve just spotted this on the front page...

“Sweet Knowle web site” said:
We are however able to send out livestock deliveries again as APC have resumed shipments once more. They are delivering on Wednesdays and Fridays from the 8th of April onwards.

Hooray!

Back