• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Budget LED recommendation for 150 x 45 x 60h tank?

Chez_

Afternoon! At the moment I've got a 120cm / 42W LED balanced on the top of the glass panel lid of my 150cm x 45 x 60h 350l tank. I don't think the light is getting in to the corners and it's got dunked a couple of times as I've been moving things around.

Should I rig something across the rim to rest it on and invest in a couple of smaller lights at each end to top up the intensity? Or am I better off saving up and buying a single solution? In which case, what should I get? The tank doesn't have a hood, and it's on racking, so it would be hard to suspend anything, the easiest solution is to rest or clip the lights to the rim.

Thank you in advance!

Does the tank have center braces? And how many if so?
Rimmed or rimless?
There is kind of an odd ball brand that carries a 60" (150-ish cm) light. It folds up a bit. More than likely to lower shipping costs.

KZKR Upgraded Aquarium Light Multi-Color Remote Control 60-72 inch LED Hood Lamp for Freshwater Marine Plant Fish Tank Light Decorations​

In all likely-hood you would be better off with puck style lights than trying to find bar type lights in 150cm size.

Back