• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Bucephalandra ID Help

Katmanreef

I know this is a long shot since Bucephalandra has so many names it can go by, but I thought that someone might have some insight on what this plant's region/collector name goes by. I found it as a bare rhizome at an LFS and the owner was about to throw it away so I took it home with me for safe keeping :) I asked the owner if he remembered the name that he purchased it by, but apparently the wife handles all the plants and she wasn't in the store that day.

Its has been growing for 3 months in a High Co2, Medium Light, full EI tank and the Buce has fully recovered with new aquatic leaves. The leaves are about 2.5-3cm long and 1.5cm wide if that helps.
My guess is it's an immature form of sp. Pink Lady
Thank you!
20210101_180406.jpg
20210107_215855.jpg
20210204_224901.jpg

Does your LFS stock Tropica or any other plant supplier. If so a picture email to Tropica they will try to assess they are very good at help with queries l have found

They do stock tropica, but I'm not sure where the Bucephalandra came from. I can send Tropica an email and see where that leads me. Thank you!

Looks like Bucephalandra red.....Brownie Red it might be!
Very difficult to be spot on at times....others to consider are Theia or Apollo.

Last edited:
Back