• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Bucephalandra help

Sheraaz Essak

Hi, is there any particular website that has a full or extensive catalogue of identified bucephalandra species, with pictures....

Over time I've managed to build up a collection of different species. Most have the correct trade names, however a dozen or so which were sold as unknowns (attached picture being one of them) dont have any name. I'd like to properly identify them and catalogue them correctly...

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks...

Attachments

• 20220213_225211.jpg
    20220213_225211.jpg
    983.9 KB · Views: 278
The picture resembles something sold by Aquadip as 'caterina' except the caterina has longer more crinkley leaves (submersed form attached - pictured out of water during a water change). Does your picture represent the submersed form? I have wondered whether caterina is the same as Mini Needle Leaf.

View attachment 183869
Hi Andy
Don't think its Caterina....as you say doesn't have a crinkled leaf edge....plus Mini Needle Leaf is smaller!
Mini Needle leaf bottom left Image.
1646218989946.png

hoggie

The picture resembles something sold by Aquadip as 'caterina' except the caterina has longer more crinkley leaves (submersed form attached - pictured out of water during a water change). Does your picture represent the submersed form? I have wondered whether caterina is the same as Mini Needle Leaf.

View attachment 183869
Looks like Mini Catherine!

Back