• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Bucephalandra- cross breeding/pollination?

CaridinaKid

I’ve amassed quite a collection of different Buce, mostly submersed and I’ve been getting quite a lot of flowers recently from all my different species, they usually just melt away unless I remove them from the water and one of them has become this little seed pod thing, and I’m currently at that stage now where the seeds inside fallen out and I’m unable to identify what is actually seed so I’m just letting it all float in this little dish. The last 3 photos are just general pics of my collection.

There’s so little info online about pollination of buce and I’m wondering if it’s even ever been successfully done before? I’ve got a bunch of flowers coming on some Super-Mini Dark Catrine on the last photo (as well as some black hair algae I’m gonna have to treat, but don’t wanna interrupt the current light cycle too drastically or spot treat until the flowering process is over). When should I remove them out the water? At what point do I cut into another flower to get the ‘pollen’ to rub into it? Got very little to go on..

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1329.jpeg
    IMG_1329.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1571.png
    IMG_1571.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1281.jpeg
    IMG_1281.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1158.jpeg