• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Buce varieties

CanisDraco

Hello all,

Been somewhat out of the game for the past few years, but I'm hoping to soon have a spare room in my house which I intend to fill with (at least) a couple of shrimp tanks. Back in the day there used to be all sorts of sites offering weird and wonderfully named bucephalandra varieties that seemed to be all different colours and shapes. Nowadays I'm mostly seeing the same pots for sale in all the shops I used to buy from. Is there anywhere that still offers the beautiful blue and purple ones, and kinds like skeleton key and godzilla and that elusive true brownie phantom/ghost?

I have a strange desire to haggle deals over little sprigs of probably mislabelled plantlets 😅

Sorry if this has been asked before, I had a search on the site but couldn't see anything answering this specific query.

Thank you! It definitely is! I'm just not sure where I would keep them since I don't have anywhere for them to go yet, except in my big tank which is full of algae and snails. I'll have a think...

I only have the fairly common varieties and have just a couple species. But depending on the angle they have a very nice purple/blue/yellow sheen.
Bucephalandra sp red
Bucephalandra kedagang
Bucephalandra Catherine.
Bucephalandra kedagang mini round
IMG_20230311_195803.jpg

The colours are much stronger in high tech and more beautiful, but i find low tech has its merits as well.

That is a beautiful little collection there, the ember tetras really complement the colours as well. I'll definitely try to pick up some of those types, I've certainly seen kedagang available quite a few places :) thanks!

That is a beautiful little collection there, the ember tetras really complement the colours as well. I'll definitely try to pick up some of those types, I've certainly seen kedagang available quite a few places :) thanks!
Thank you, and I realised my above comment was a bit ambiguous, my tank does not have co2 injection and is low tech.

Ahh, nice! Yeah, I've always had low tech tanks, so that's good. Great inspiration of a healthy low tech tank! Sometimes I feel a bit like I'm missing out on a lot of the colourful plants because I'm too lazy to faff with co2 and the like...

Back