• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Brown Anubias leaves & stems - still settling in?

Anomander

Hello all,

I am just under two weeks in to my low-tech tank. I have been using 6hrs light, using 1/2 dose TNC Complete (divided across two 1/4 doses per week), and last week added 1g Epsom Salts & 0.5m TNC Iron on separate days (basically a half dose of what I plan to add to the tank weekly in terms of Mg & Fe). I have been doing 50% water changes every other day.

I have Java Fern and various Anubias attached to driftwood, with Salvinia and Water Sprite covering about 3/4 of tank surface. Filter is an Aquael Pat Mini with a 20cm poret sponge block and venturi. There is a fine sand substrate.

The floaters are looking healthy, the Java Fern has shown some melt but also new growth, and my Anubias Petit has also been showing new growth. However, I'm a little concerned about my larger Anubias (pictured). It has small holes in some leaves, as well as some more significant decay on another leaf, and two of the stems coming out of the rhizome are brown (one stem was already developed when I bought the plant, but the other brown stem looks smaller/younger). There is some super glue (Cyanoacrylate) residue but I made sure this was only stuck to some roots, not the rhizome.

My question is whether the Anubias is still settling in and I just need to be patient, or do I need to adjust any parameters?

Thanks for any help, and if you need any more information or photos I'm happy to provide.

Attachments

• IMG-20240718-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20240718-WA0003.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG-20240718-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20240718-WA0002.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG-20240718-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20240718-WA0004.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Back