• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Broken tap on my Ehiem 2075

Gary Nelson

Can anyone advise me on any precautions to take on my tank as my tap that controls my on/off on my Ehiem 2075 has just broke! Something inside sounded like it snapped as I went to turn it off earlier for some maintenance and left it stuck in the off position.

I have managed to get the part out of the filter head now but the tap unit itself is totally broken and has now left me with no tank filter, possibly till Monday when I can get the new part.

I am now panicking that filter bacteria will die and the health of all my fish - I have done the obvious and turned off the co2 and lights and I just have my Korarlia on slightly rippling the water surface.

Can anyone advise me of any other actions to take or does anyone even have a spare Ehiem tap unit for a 2075?

Jim said:
Forget the tap for the time being and just bypass it (connect the hosing together) and get your filter running again until you buy a new one.

Thanks for your reply Jim, I have no way of getting the filter running though as with the tap unit all broken there is no where to connect the hoses to bypass it? The hoses slide onto the tap unit and this then fits into the filter head.

Sorry Gary, I'm only used to the Eheim classic filters. When you set them up, you just cut the tubing and put the two taps inline.

So if one of the taps broke on an Eheim classic. I could either shorten the tubing, or put in a small joiner to gerry rig it so I could get the canister back in operation.

I just googled Ehiem 2075 and I can see your problem.

take the media out and put it in a net bag, then sit it in the tank and use a powerhead to keep the water moving, wont have to use all the media as it will re colinise quickly

m_attt said:
take the media out and put it in a net bag, then sit it in the tank and use a powerhead to keep the water moving, wont have to use all the media as it will re colinise quickly

That makes sense... Thanks for the advice, I have done that and all seems well so far - my new part should arrive tomorrow so hopefully a disaster avoided.

Has anybody else had any trouble with the tap units on Ehiems or know of any issues? This is now the 2nd one to fail on me.

Back