• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

british wood

Boggy area probabley means its been well soaked

So let me poke my nose here as well. Since I'm a foreigner and live in London, (most of my travels took me just to handball courts and then straight to pubs in the UK) I'm in need of a little lecture about geography....:bookworm:

So if some one could tell me a good place not too far from London which is, well boggy and can collect without being shot by some ranger or security guard as it is some protected bog area that would be nice...
If not i will have to cut out the tree in the communal garden and let the tap open with a hosepipe to the garden as I'm not on a meter yet :D

heather is that ok to use what prep does it need to me used

So let me poke my nose here as well. Since I'm a foreigner and live in London, (most of my travels took me just to handball courts and then straight to pubs in the UK) I'm in need of a little lecture about geography....:bookworm:

So if some one could tell me a good place not too far from London which is, well boggy and can collect without being shot by some ranger or security guard as it is some protected bog area that would be nice...
If not i will have to cut out the tree in the communal garden and let the tap open with a hosepipe to the garden as I'm not on a meter yet :D
i dont know of places around london, but where i collected mine (norfolk broads),theres a little stream, with drainage ditches runing into it. id say go to a flatish area, no hills as water wont collect unless its in the vallys (might be a good place to check) and then see if you find a little brook and follow it until the ground becomes soggy, then find some wood

Thanks Mike the only thing I need to sell the wife I want to go to the broads national park just make sure you don't tell her why I want to go there ;)

On a more serious note I heard somewhere that you can use the dried dead "Grape trunk"... need to look it up but if any one come across it maybe they can back me up. But will look for it and let you know if I found the article or forum where i heard it.

heather looks dead after the winter and its been burned but you
never know with the stuff lol

no your right thats the stuff but it needs to be dead lol
and its knowing when its dead lol

I think i will go to the local garden center buy a couple of pots and after it flowered I will just take it out from the pot and and leave it till next summer that should be pretty dead then

you guys mean the flower heather yes?

Looks like this when dead if you can find a good place to collect it -
wooda.jpg

wow that looks amazing i am going to have a road trip
this week end to see if i can find some and i am going
to take some oak with me to bury for a year or so in a peat
bog lol

i heard grape was good as well, but not had first hand experience on it. im sure theres other places you can collect besides the broads, thats just where i live :p im sure theres water just outside london :p

sugar.....:mad:
the more i look on this site the more i want to put in my little tank..... I need more tanks more room and some pill for my wife so she does not chuck me out from the flat with all the fish stuff:dead:

my prearents are the same... i think i own 8 tanks now (only 2 set up at the moment), and a propagator... which is in a greenhouse im using....>.> they always get annoyed when i buy another tank :L im new to this site as well, but i want more tanks, so many idea so little space to set them up in >.>

the Thames is quite wet ;)

Bigtom actually I read this in your journal (and even saw a video someone snorkeling in a river) so i wanted to ask you about it there already just there is so much information on here my head is in a shock overflow with information.....but this thread will do it as well.
So there if remember right was written something about burning, it means it is left out on the sun to dry out or someone literally sets it on fire....

i think they set fire to heather, to renew it... i remember seeing a program on it on tv awhile back

Kevin was thinking about it but i think i will not take a swim in it as I'm afraid wont get out of it :D
But if you know a place of it what is swim able will give it a try.
Actually there is a place not far away from my house "Darlands Lake Nature Reserve" but did not find the entry to it as the road that leads to it is private and can not get in the gate and when i wanted to check an alternative way i could not go through with a child so will have to leave family home and go alone one day ... will let you know if i find something good there.

vine wood is to soft it rots really quick :(

Back