• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

British Championship Final

Dan Crawford

Founder
UKAPS Team
Hi folks, this weekend saw the British Grasstrack Championship final at Rhodes Minis in Kent. For the past seven weeks i've been passengering for the reigning British Champion Mark Cossar as his passenger was hit by another bike and his leg was broken. Up until two weeks ago we were unbeaten in all of our 27 races over 5 weeks. Our unbeaten record came to an end in the final of the Worcester Winner where i was knocked off the bike at around 80mph and ran over by the bikes following us. My helmet was smashed and all my body armour shattered with the impact but amazingly no real bones were broken, just three toes, a rib, a chipped ankle and a sprained wrist. Anyway, given my condition I was unable to race in the finals where Mark, passengered by his semi fit passenger Carl went on to win the finals and retain their Masters title. Needless to say i was gutted that i couldn't ride, i went out in practice and it was the fastest, most exhilarating track i've ever ridden, hitting the 5th gear rev limiter of a 1000cc 180bhp Suzuki GSXR is seriously shifiting but it wasn't to be as i was in a lot of pain afterwards, so i grabbed my camera and signed on as an official photographer. I took all of these with my 60mm EFS lens as it seemed appropriate, everyone else was there with 500mm L bad boys etc. Anyway, I had some fun and watched some great racing, here are some of the results, quite heavily post processed but a bit different to the usual grasstrack shots.
Picture4.png

Picture3.png

Picture6.png

This is my old bike (11)
Picture8.png

This is the bike that ran me over (49), it's a good job i'm skinny LOL
Picture17.png

This is Mark and Carl (37)
Picture12.png

This is my favorite (2)
Picture13.png

Picture14.png

Picture16.png

Picture11.png

Picture1.png

This is Matt, i'm passengering him in the Speedway World Championship Finals on August 14th at Coventry.
Picture15.png

Picture18.png

Picture3-9.png

This was me in practice (37)
Picture9.png

Picture10.png

Picture5.png

I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but i hope you like them :thumbup:

Gill said:
cool, drove past the cov speedway today. would like to go one day
Come along on the 14th mate, it starts at 5:30pm and it's only £12 :thumbup:
Graeme Edwards said:
I bet you wish you had your Canon IS back? Sorry pal
Don't worry about it dude :D
George Farmer said:
Mental!

Great shots mate. :D
Thanks mate!
mlgt said:
Fantastic shots mate! Good job!
Cheers :thumbup:
LondonDragon said:
can I be your passenger??
Yep! Bring it on LD, you'd love it!

Dan Crawford said:
Gill said:
cool, drove past the cov speedway today. would like to go one day
Come along on the 14th mate, it starts at 5:30pm and it's only £12 :thumbup:
Graeme Edwards said:
I bet you wish you had your Canon IS back? Sorry pal
Don't worry about it dude :D
George Farmer said:
Mental!

Great shots mate. :D
Thanks mate!
mlgt said:
Fantastic shots mate! Good job!
Cheers :thumbup:
LondonDragon said:
can I be your passenger??
Yep! Bring it on LD, you'd love it!

Will See what Shift I am On, and If My Friend who goes regularly would like company as never been.

Danielson you are one crazy son a bitch :crazy: :crazy: :thumbup: ,nice pics mate,
regards,
john.

Back