• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Bridge Cameras for macro pictures

imo - the 600D is defenitly worth the money, but still the weakest/strongest point is the lens, no matter how much you pay for the body £10,000 or £200 the more important part will be the lens... if you get a shoddy £50 lens that's got horrible light and shutter speed, you'll get shoddy pictures with the £10,000 camera and the £200 camera.... so it's worth doing some research, understand what each parameter means and get something that fits your budget and will make fantastic pictures.... for example, I started with the kit 18-55mm non macro, learned to take photos and then bought a proper lens that costs $1,400... regardless if I put the lens on mid level or starter camera, it still made the same quality photo... 12mpx vs 10mpx doesn't make THAT huge of a difference for the price...

imo - the 600D is defenitly worth the money, but still the weakest/strongest point is the lens, no matter how much you pay for the body £10,000 or £200 the more important part will be the lens... if you get a shoddy £50 lens that's got horrible light and shutter speed, you'll get shoddy pictures with the £10,000 camera and the £200 camera.... so it's worth doing some research, understand what each parameter means and get something that fits your budget and will make fantastic pictures.... for example, I started with the kit 18-55mm non macro, learned to take photos and then bought a proper lens that costs $1,400... regardless if I put the lens on mid level or starter camera, it still made the same quality photo... 12mpx vs 10mpx doesn't make THAT huge of a difference for the price...
Yeah I get what you saying. I guess it worth the money getting a good lens. I don’t know nothing about them just by reading and looking it up on YouTube. Im not going to go high tech just need it to take some shrimp photo and family and friends. I think I will go with the canon 600d and start saving for a good lens near futures

Exactly... I've also found I have more fun taking pictures with my starter canon than with the mid level, the mid level even though I have everything set to manual... it seems to do the job for me, and that does not teach a person to make good photos.

I've written this and deleted this multiple times because I don't want to appear to be a troll. The 60mm lens I posted 'IS' Nikons sharpest Micro-Nikkor (whether it's a brand new model or one from 20 years ago) and that's not my opinion it's from Bjørn Rørslett from naturfotograf.com who appears to have tested more lenses than I've had hot dinners (and not just in the visible light spectrum either).

I'll say it again, 'The lens is the most important part to get right first time'. That lens will perform in exactly the same way on any body you care to put it on and that includes a Canon (using an F-mount adapter). You don't need any other lens like a 50mm kit lens as the 60mm micro works fine at any distance. Magnifying adapters will not improve crap glass.

At £200 second hand It's the best macro for your money, period.

All DSLR's have auto modes so there's no excuse to say it will be too complicated to use. I've just spent 2 weeks abroad watching people use very nice (entry and mid level) DSLR's like a point and shoot, if they can do it anyone can do it. Whether a camera has a million settings or only ten it all still boils down to ISO, Aperture and Speed!

You wanted macro for taking pictures of your shrimp and somehow you seem to be talking yourself into buying a camera that blows your initial budget and doesn't do what you ask of it. If you don't have a macro to satisfy your shrimping pleasures that camera will not get the use it deserves.

If you already had a DSLR all this talk would be moot, you'd just go buy a macro lens, the only difference being whether you can afford brand new or second hand lens. From what I've seen second hand from photographic retailers is that very expensive equipment tends to be better taken care of than say consumer kit lenses you can find in the bargain bin of Cash Converters!

Apologies for the rant!

:)

I agree with X3Nith, however difficult his name is......
The Nikon 60 macro can be found secondhand quite often, i guess people don't like the fact they have to go realy close to the subject to get the good magnification, but in tanks that can be done more easily then in the field, on your knees in the wet gras (that's why i have the sigma 150mm too).

Back