• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Breeding amano shrimp.

Iain mlaren

So i have some amano shrimp that i cant help trying to breed for something to do. Everything i have read seems that its quite a challenge.

So has anyone here managed to succesfully hatch the eggs from amano shrimp and got them past the lavae stage?

I have another question on the salt water salinity and it has to be quite specific. Reading reports from coastal areas these seem to be about perfect for the larvae. Has anyone tried this?

Cheers iain

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

No one hatched these? Or even attempted it?

Search the archives - vaguely recall a breeding journal & think it was posted here

Ok cheers alto. Ill try having a better look through.

Cheers alto. Just reading over a few of the reports about it. Seems they were getting sonewhere with. Not finished reading to see if they managed it yet though. Cheers again

I breed them when I have the time :) It's no cake walk though.

My last batch I had 200 odd.

What do you want to know?

The shrimp below are morphed by the way.
IMG_20160222_152920.jpg IMG_20160222_152928.jpg IMG_20160222_152944.jpg

I breed them when I have the time :) It's no cake walk though.

My last batch I had 200 odd.

What do you want to know?

The shrimp below are morphed by the way.
View attachment 105465 View attachment 105466 View attachment 105467
Would it be possible to outline your method? i.e. specific gravity, temperature, light, feeding, filtration etc

I made 3 or 4 attempts last year and never managed to get anything to live beyond about 10-12 days. Frustrated was an understatement!

Thanks, Mark

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Would it be possible to outline your method? i.e. specific gravity, temperature, light, feeding, filtration etc

I made 3 or 4 attempts last year and never managed to get anything to live beyond about 10-12 days. Frustrated was an understatement!

Thanks, Mark

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Sure, I'll copy over what I've been discussing with Iain in PM when I get a minute this evening.

Well my first shrimp has dropped her eggs early :( seems the gutsy fish in my tank have noticed and hovered most of them up. I managed to save a few though. May take out my second berried shrimp before she drops lol

And just to top it off. I kicked over the container full of larvae that i had actually collected. Dough. Don't put jugs of water on the floor when its pitch black haha. O well. Bring on the second shrimp I guess

ahhh man, that sucks - you should see my windowsill. I've got about 5 jars on them and the curtains sometimes lick past them with the draught and the wobble :eek:

Back