• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

BPS with UP Atomiser.

Kam Sandhu

Hi all,

I have a concern, since I've been running my UP atomiser I've been having to run my co2 at a very fast bps to get the drop checker to go green. There is no way to count the amount of bubbles and the tank looks like a bottle of 7up.

I don't think it's leaking as there are no bursts of co2 and the pressure on the regulator is steady.

What am I doing wrong? Could it be the single stage reg?

If all things else remain the same and the device now requires more bubbles than before to operate at the same effectiveness then you have a leak somewhere after the bubble counter (bubble counter included). If there's no leaks, give up counting bubbles, I did and my counter has been empty of water for months.

:)

Brush with a water+soap mix every single part where potential leaks may occur. Soap bubbles will tell you where the leak is.

Jordi

Thanks for the replies.

I will try that tomorrow.

I've not had to increase the injection rate, just surprised at the rate I have compared to 1/2 bps other people have with a similar tank size.

So.....

I have my bps at such a rate that its a continuous stream and even pushing the water out of the bubble counter.

I have removed the bubble counter and connected the co2 canister directly to the atomizer just in case it was leaking, no difference.

Then I soap tested the rest of components and it doesn't show any leaks.

The video below is the mist in my tank, does it look ok? After having the co2 on for 5 hours the drop checker is only turning to green.

I was just thinking wheres the mist
Heres a pic of my mist approx 1bps in a 60l tank
Picture592_zps08ce36f0.jpg

Wow lovely tank.

A lot more mist than mine. Maybe I'm stressing over nothing.

I've left the bubble counter of. It's a bit useless on my tank.

Back