• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Bored of the Rings...Hell No!

I am definitely excited!
As we dont have a proper cinema where I live, its more like sitting in a 50s sitting room, we are traveling to our neighbouring Island Jersey to see the film on Dec 22.
I thought we might as well go the whole hog a book a night in a 5* hotel too :)
Apart from that I am an avid science fantasy fan quite often reading several books a week.... so all things considered - yes I am very excited!

foxfish said:
I am definitely excited!
As we dont have a proper cinema where I live, its more like sitting in a 50s sitting room, we are traveling to our neighbouring Island Jersey to see the film on Dec 22.
I thought we might as well go the whole hog a book a night in a 5* hotel too :)
Apart from that I am an avid science fantasy fan quite often reading several books a week.... so all things considered - yes I am very excited!

At least you'll save taxi fees by taking your peddleo. :lol:

Yer me too...I'd swap Milton Keynes for the Channel Islands in a flash...but then I'd swap Chavtown for MK (wait MK is Chavtown...Oh never mind...)

...Whatever - Tolkien was a genius and Peter Jackson really does him justice so what's not to get excited about? And that's not mentioning the staring role - the NZ landscape.

I can testify to the starring role being the NZ landscape having lived in the South Island of NZ for 7 years and visited most of the locations. I cant think of anywhere more suitable. I will be seeing the film. Probably several times. :thumbup:

Saw it tuesday night. On the whole very good, i liked the way they married it up with Lord of the Rings considering it has all been done back to front. I also appreciated the lore from LoTR and Silmarilion. Did not feel like 2hours 49 mins at all. Still some iffy bits like Radagast on his bunny sleigh being chased by wargs and orcs for far too long. A few Jar Jar Binks moments... but over all good enough. I would prefer it a little darker, but heh ho.

I will see it again, and probably again, and then some more...

I wont be dressing up and attending any dodgy conventions though. :p

Why not we have our kit ready!

76d72c46f37f925a0050b2a5051e5fc4.jpg

The film was a poor effort at telling the story of the hobbit. It sucked.

Back