• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Boraras brigittae

Cheers for everyone's advice. The rasbora are doing really well now and shoal amazingly well. I have got them feeding off fine flaked food but are still too small for cyclops, I think, as they spit it back out straight away.

The loaches tried to get at the rasboras for a few days but no longer persue them at all. They stay hidden in their little den.

I cleaned my filter out on Sunday and found the lost rasbora's at the bottom of the filter. STILL ALIVE. They must have been there for weeks. To go with that there were some baby cherry shrimps feeding off the filter media.

Planning to get another 10 rasboras for the tank, to round it up to 28 as they shoal in a tight pack.

Would anyone say that the tank would be overstocked?
My tank is 60cm x 30cm x 30cm. It has 2 loaches but want to get rid of them and 2 dwarf bristlenose plec. I have a journal but not an updated pic.

I would say you are nowhere near overstocked. Tiddly fish like these produce very little waste. IMO If you lined up enough Rasboras end to end to be the same size as one of the loaches they would still produce far less waste altogether than the loach would. Hope that makes sense!

anyone seen these forsale in the north west, looking to add these to my nano tank after christmas.

Can't help you there Jonesy, sorry.

I added another 20 Boraras brigittae to my tank yesterday, so I have 40 in my 160l now. I've never had that many of one fish before. I am chuffed with them. :D I may add another 20 next month!

Back