• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Books

Nubias

Hi all,

Favorite books?

Looking at getting Nature Aquarium complete works 1985-2009 by Takashi Amano and pehaps his Bio Origin of Creation.

What other book on the hobby are you favorites?

I have Amano’s Nature Aquarium World volumes 1-3
Like them much better than the 85-‘09 Retrospective (which I decided not to purchase)

Check what your local & extended library has available (books can often travel on loan between libraries) - then order copies of exceptional books

I recently reread the Optimum Aquarium, liked it a lot back when, not sure I’d buy it today (depending on price I suppose)
Also have Diana Walstead’s book, again think I’d be happy with a library loan BUT I also read/acquired it years ago when it was the Hot Topic (relatively local fellow was a very keen dirted aquarium enthusiast (& soil scientist) ... really didn’t like his Aquariums much IRL 😳 :sorry:)
Later DW changed her mind on some of her initial hypotheses/conclusions - I’d feel better about the book if these had been entered into an updated edition ...
(but publishing is very expensive especially for such a limited distribution book)

OTOH I’m not exactly dashing out to relinquish my copies of these books :lol:

I’ve just spent a lot more hours with Takashi Amano 🙂
The Aquajournals are wonderful as well

Back