• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Books

Nubias

Hi all,

Favorite books?

Looking at getting Nature Aquarium complete works 1985-2009 by Takashi Amano and pehaps his Bio Origin of Creation.

What other book on the hobby are you favorites?

I have Amano’s Nature Aquarium World volumes 1-3
Like them much better than the 85-‘09 Retrospective (which I decided not to purchase)

Check what your local & extended library has available (books can often travel on loan between libraries) - then order copies of exceptional books

I recently reread the Optimum Aquarium, liked it a lot back when, not sure I’d buy it today (depending on price I suppose)
Also have Diana Walstead’s book, again think I’d be happy with a library loan BUT I also read/acquired it years ago when it was the Hot Topic (relatively local fellow was a very keen dirted aquarium enthusiast (& soil scientist) ... really didn’t like his Aquariums much IRL :oops: :sorry:)
Later DW changed her mind on some of her initial hypotheses/conclusions - I’d feel better about the book if these had been entered into an updated edition ...
(but publishing is very expensive especially for such a limited distribution book)

OTOH I’m not exactly dashing out to relinquish my copies of these books :lol:

I’ve just spent a lot more hours with Takashi Amano :)
The Aquajournals are wonderful as well

Was going to give you a list but thought it'd be easier to just take a snap. This book in particular was my bible when I first started way back when and it's still one of my go to references, it was way ahead of its time. You can pick it up on Amazon for pence now, which is unbelievable value....https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-l...g_used_olp_sr?ie=UTF8&condition=used&qid=&sr=

43627487924_621c20fce4_b.jpg
IMG_1319 by Tim Harrison, on Flickr

Back