• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Critique my aquascape Bonsai aquascape

Beaker

Seedling
6BE7F595-AC0D-4EFE-8BEE-813DEC1C4894.jpeg

I’m trying to deside what I can do to improve this aquascape. I think the right side may be to big and not have enough detail. other Than that, I don’t know but I feel like something might need to change.

The plants on the back left are still emersed growth so I’m hoping the leaves will get smaller. The taller plant on the right is marslea hirsuta and should get shorter.

It’s a beautiful scape. Was the bonsai too be the focal point? I think it’s too blended in with the other plants. I would open up the space around the bonsai or create some contrast behind it with rock? If you want to minimize the free space on the right side you may want to extend on your triangle. But you may need to add height. See example using rocks, it could also be done with contrasting plants.

Attachments

• 86BF2B5D-56A2-4D0C-9038-B8E8A4745AA3.jpeg
    86BF2B5D-56A2-4D0C-9038-B8E8A4745AA3.jpeg
    1,011.2 KB · Views: 293
I made the tree stand out more. I don't have anymore rocks at the moment or I would have added some.

I also extended the triangle. And cut back the really tall plants on the right because the shorter submersed growth was coming in.

I'm going to let the plants grow up taller on the left side because there isn't any more room for more rocks or anything else. It is pretty cramped back there with the filter intake. I did cut them back at the moment to try to get them to grow in more evenly
PXL_20210601_192244728.jpg

Back