• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Bolbitis death

agol77

Hi all

I've recently had a case of BBA on some Bolbitis, so when doing a water change, I brushed on some liquid carbon in an attempt to kill it off. It worked a treat, but has also killed off the plant, and I've gone from a nice green bushy plant, to brown and dying leaves.

Do you know if the leaves will eventually grow back, or do I need to accept the plant is dead and put something new in its place?

Many thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully, it will sprout new leaves from the rhizome.

Thanks for the reply.

I'll wait it out for a bit then. There aren't any live leaves left on it now, so I'll keep an eye on it for a week or two, and see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi
If it's any comfort I did a similar thing. Used Excel to spot treat algae on Anubias, Java fern and Bolbitis. Near destroyed the ferns but seemed not to affect the Anubias. Also appeared to affect Frogbit when used, in tank, as directed. The excel is now consigned to the bin! I saw no benefit to using it, only downsides.
Cheers

Back