• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Boil wood

zanguli-ya-zamba

Seedling
Hi members,
I will soon start my new scape, I am now in the process of collecting hard scape, I already have substrat, wood and rock type (need to select and buy more).
I would like to prepare my wood correctly for my tank.
The wood I have Have been already use in previous scape but were out of water for more than 6 month.
I want to prepare it quickly, so do you think that I should boil the wood or I just sink it for 2 weeks?

If boiled methode is better how many hours do I need to boil it please ? Do I need to boil or sink it if it has already been in a tank for a year ?

Thanks for your answer

best regards
Zanguli

Hi all,
The wood I have Have been already use in previous scape but were out of water for more than 6 month. I want to prepare it quickly, so do you think that I should boil the wood or I just sink it for 2 weeks? If boiled methode is better how many hours do I need to boil it please ? Do I need to boil or sink it if it has already been in a tank for a year ?
No, just let it sink.

cheers Darrel

Depends on the wood really - could take a few days, could be a few weeks. As Darrel says don't boil ti though, you'll probably just cause it to break down faster.
Hi Tom,
thank you !
Ok I will not boil it, it is a very hard and heavy wood. As Tom Barr told me "the denser the better ! " I can tell that this one is very dense.

thanks guys for you help !!!

Back