• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

blue tiger shrimp to home

Im gonna take advantage of Freshwatershrimps awsome deal and get myself some sexy blue tigers.
Which i fell in love with when I saw there setup ... its very impressive

Well apart from paying for them which I should be able to do tomorrow :D

I need to create a perfect little nano home for them before Aquatics Live!

Just asking for any tips on nano tanks, filters etc

Im def gonna get some ebi gold and I have a light fitting that will suffice for now ... Its just everything else lol

I thought they appreciated similar tank specs to Amanos & Cherrys.

Neutral to slightly alkaline water with GH & Kh of 6+.

Tds 200+?

Check at www.Shrimpkeeping.com to confirm though mate :D
I was interested in a few Blacks myself :p

Lots of people have those Pets @ Home ones.

I have a 20l Dennerle with the small internal filter - love the tank and the filter is very shrimp safe and very good. A1 Matt recommended it and he keeps plenty of shrimp

I've originally had a Migninon HOB but felt it spoilt the aesthetics.

there are plenty of nice nano's - just depends on the size you want and the budget you have!

Right have got the tank , filter , lights and substrate sorted :D

Just need a heater .. this tank will be in the shed so it will def need a heater throughout the winter. Can anyone recomend the smallest heater possble?

Never had a nano but the first thing that has struck me is trying to set one up with more tank showing than equiptment :crazy:

Eboeagles said:
this is the winner:

http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalo ... CEMQ8wIwAA

I actually have one - doh! not been using heaters over the summer so its hidden away.

Great link thanks ... hmm still cant make my mind up but I think I prefer the hydor 25w one, The fluvals look cool but they are at a pre set temp which is to high for the blue tigers i think.

Back