• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Blue Neon Tetras with a Beta

Hanuman

Hello everyone. I recently bought this 36*36 nano cube to a lad that didn’t want it anymore due to him getting borred with it. The cube already had a nice scape and fishes so I decided to keep it as it was. This said the lad in question had stocked the tank with a beta, 14 tetras, 5 otocinclus and 20 or so amano shrimps and also 10 or so horn snails.

What bothers me is the mixing of the beta and tetras. For the rest I suppose it’s meaningless.

So what is your say on that? Should I removes those tetras and add them to my 90cm tank which has 25 rasboras, 3 pearl gouramis, 10 otos and quite a few shrimps or should I let those tetras in the 36cm tank?

Thanks.

I would move the neons simply because I think 36cm is a small tank for them but also because they can be fin nippers and I've read about lots of bettas which have suffered by being mixed with them.

Now i can never tell gallonage by cm (seeing as im bad at basic math lol)

But it sounds pretty packed already, and i agree with the last comment the 35cm sounds to small for my liking. Whenever i purchase or plan to purchase a fish, i always make sure i have at the very least 1.5x what the recommended gallonage is.

they will be fine in your 900 tank and definitely a good idea to move the tetras at the very least but i'd probably move the ottos as well as they also enjoy a bit more space

Now i can never tell gallonage by cm (seeing as im bad at basic math lol)

But it sounds pretty packed already, and i agree with the last comment the 35cm sounds to small for my liking. Whenever i purchase or plan to purchase a fish, i always make sure i have at the very least 1.5x what the recommended gallonage is.

Yes it’s packed but what would be their best chances of survival? Leaving them in the 36 or putting them in the 90? It’s a difficult choice but I kind of feel that letting them in the 36 is a crime. Not sure why that guy did that in the first place. Something I have noticed about some scapers here is that they tend to prioritize the beauty of fishes before a balanced environment.

Sad news ladies and gentleman.

The Betta passed away 2 days ago. A while back I noticed he had a lump on his tail but I am not sure if that was the cause of this death. I read that bettas are prone to cancers although it is not always lethal. At the time I took some pictures I didn't noticed he had dropsy. I only noticed it after his death while looking back at the images. Perhaps this was the underlying cause of death. Not sure whether it was due to stress related (during transport) or from an infectious origine.

Anyhow I am now left with a tank with amanos and horn snails. I am not sure what to do. What would you guys recommend? Should I add a new Betta? Redo the scape? I created a new topic on the matter: https://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/suitable-for-a-betta.56794/

IMG_0074.JPG IMG_0099.JPG

Last edited:
Back