• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • Most of the remaining team are off on holiday meaning the forum does not have sufficient cover. As such the site will be placed in maintenance mode where it can be viewed but no posts/threads can be made and will remain this way until August 11th, apologies for the inconvience.

Blue Moonlight LED

chrisjj

Seedling
Hi,

I've recently tried a marina submersible micro led, but it was faulty (kept flickering & going off) & to be honest, didn't appear to offer much light (when it did turn on).

So I'm now thinking of strip led's. Has anybody heard of these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

Or does anybody have any suggestions?

Cheers

Mmmm..... one good ref, one bad!

do you know if they are fully submersible? - the ad just seems to say "waterproof"

Plus I'd only need 48 for my tank, yes?

Sorry, just read it at the bottom of the ad!

chrisjj said:
Mmmm..... one good ref, one bad!

do you know if they are fully submersible? - the ad just seems to say "waterproof"

Well, perhaps they are brilliant while they last then... But I have only had them a few days, my Uncles had them 2month now.

They are splashproof, not waterproof.

Just to add, I place mined inside my luminaire where there is no chance of water damage 😉
I could always have had a bad one! It was good while it lasted powerful beam and nice effect, but didn't last... for me!

Well, at the weekend I'll be buying the ones I found, as they are fully submersible..... unless anyone has any other ideas?......

Cheers

Back