• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Blue Monday Pass - EA Aquascaper 900

Well, this being blue Monday (hence the name) if you believe all the hype on the radio, I thought id just go cheer myself up with a bit of retail therapy. So today I've ordered an EA aquascaper 900, Kessil 160 x 2 and a controller. I've got some glass bits already hanging around and other bits and bobs. Just need to source a filter.

That being done, with a 2 to 3 week wait for the cabinet to be made and me sat at home twiddling my thumbs, I thought sod it, and drove the hour to TGM to buy something to fill the tank with.

All that's left is for me to get to my LFS and buy some woody bits. I can then sit on my blahblahblahblah for three weeks playing lego with my rocks and wood.

Sounds like today isn't so blue after all!

IMG_0521.JPG

Brilliant will be looking forward to this one and watching, keep looking at the ea tanks myself i want a smaller one

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Well done!

- what rocks did you get? (looks like an ADA box ;))

Well done!

- what rocks did you get? (looks like an ADA box ;))

Cheers

I came away from TGM with a box full of Kei stone. It's going to be a twin island grow out affair. I wanted to go with the Kessils on goose necks so i have tha ability to move them around based on where the hardscape will be going.

I have quite a bit at 16kgs, but I'm hoping it will mean I have enough to build up and create some cascades too, to aid the natural look.

I have a few weeks to find some wood, so no pressure on this one.

Well, this being blue Monday (hence the name) if you believe all the hype on the radio, I thought id just go cheer myself up with a bit of retail therapy. So today I've ordered an EA aquascaper 900, Kessil 160 x 2 and a controller. I've got some glass bits already hanging around and other bits and bobs. Just need to source a filter.

That being done, with a 2 to 3 week wait for the cabinet to be made and me sat at home twiddling my thumbs, I thought sod it, and drove the hour to TGM to buy something to fill the tank with.

All that's left is for me to get to my LFS and buy some woody bits. I can then sit on my blahblahblahblah for three weeks playing lego with my rocks and wood.

Sounds like today isn't so blue after all!

View attachment 102180

I'm trying to find myself places that sell co2 and regulators! Co2 Supermarkets sold out! Hahah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm trying to find myself places that sell co2 and regulators! Co2 Supermarkets sold out! Hahah

They seem to be out of a few things. Maybe just a rush before xmas. The bottle I got from TGM is a 3.5kg and they ship em and stock em. Either that or a fire extinguisher from eBay.

On my 60p I have an aquamedic mini regulator and separate solenoid. This is what TGM sell with their Co2 kit. It's a good bit of kit. Short of that, I have an old JBL regulator. It's a bit delboy trotter though. No income tax, no VAT, no money back, no guarantee. Not after about 3 months of use anyway. Maybe it's just mine though :brb:

They seem to be out of a few things. Maybe just a rush before xmas. The bottle I got from TGM is a 3.5kg and they ship em and stock em. Either that or a fire extinguisher from eBay.

On my 60p I have an aquamedic mini regulator and separate solenoid. This is what TGM sell with their Co2 kit. It's a good bit of kit. Short of that, I have an old JBL regulator. It's a bit delboy trotter though. No income tax, no VAT, no money back, no guarantee. Not after about 3 months of use anyway. Maybe it's just mine though :brb:

I'm looking to buy a set up as I've just got myself a Fluval 180 Vicenza so wanted it planted just need to find some parts for all that

seen them but didn't read any reviews, bit much for me atm with buying everything but hey!

It goes with the hobby. You think you have everything, then you spend some more. The good thing is, once you've collated some bits, you don't have to buy them again for a while, unless you break em. I started on fire extinguishers for Co2 and bought a used regulator from eBay.

It goes with the hobby. You think you have everything, then you spend some more. The good thing is, once you've collated some bits, you don't have to buy them again for a while, unless you break em. I started on fire extinguishers for Co2 and bought a used regulator from eBay.

Yeah that's probably where I'll end up buying from!

EA called today and told me that my cabinet was ready, so looks like the 2 to 3 weeks I was quoted by Charterhouse Aquatics was an overstatement :lol:

Arranged delivery for next week, though I have to wait for the office to be plastered at the end of the month before I can get up and running. I still need to find some suitable wood, but couldn't help having a mess with my rocks.

IMG_0527.JPG

IMG_0528.JPG

Heights around 10cm here.

EA called today and told me that my cabinet was ready, so looks like the 2 to 3 weeks I was quoted by Charterhouse Aquatics was an overstatement :lol:

Arranged delivery for next week, though I have to wait for the office to be plastered at the end of the month before I can get up and running. I still need to find some suitable wood, but couldn't help having a mess with my rocks.

View attachment 102296

View attachment 102297

Heights around 10cm here.

This is going to look brilliant:)

The rock placement does not look very natural to me. To improve the look, just tumble rock into place. That makes scaping look more natural. Also use rock of various sizes. Not exactly sure what the goal of your tank is... but just some insights . Can't wait to see the full build.

I agree with Shane, but it could work depending on how you plant it afterwards. If you type in "Beach Cove" into google images, that's kind of how I am picturing your scape to look like in the end! It might help to offset everything a bit so it's slightly more dynamic too (like the photos in the google search). In nature, perfection is imperfection - you may even want to throw a couple rocks at it to knock it down and see how they fall over (and leave where it is).

The rock placement does not look very natural to me. To improve the look, just tumble rock into place. That makes scaping look more natural. Also use rock of various sizes. Not exactly sure what the goal of your tank is... but just some insights . Can't wait to see the full build.

I'm in agreement but a great idea, as it is they look like harbour breakwaters, some "Spillage" would help.

Back