• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Journal Blue backed

Thx i am thinking about some plantgrowth there, just want to get it startted now and i will find something suitable.
This is the top of my black cube, this all spontaneously appeared.
.View attachment 117309

that looks really cool!

Makes me consider doing something similar in future, I bet your nitrates are virtually non-existent outside of dosing with how well established the plants will become in the sponge.

Natural is best!

I love the way the Ludwigia evolves:
DSC_7446_copy.jpg

Stunning plant!.. :thumbup: Beautiful colors. Would be nice for the planted intank sump project i'm still waiting to finish.

According the flowgrow database it should do best emersed in a rich substrate.. SInce that sump part is at the back of the tank, i would like to try it both ways, planted in that sump hanging over and floating along.

Actualy kept it a bit into account, since the installed trickle pipe and overflow holes to the media is 4cm bellow the rim. I would like to fill the space above the drains with a soil containing peat, like a little forest floor. (something like Anthurium/orchid soil.. It can't flush out anyway because all water flows bellow it. It will only soack up and stay moist. I think the trailing and shallow rooting in it will benefit from it. That way i could localy enrich it with fert tabs also.

Thouroghly neglected it got the surviving spawn ( A. eremnopyge) i transfered from the black cube (6x)
I started hacking back the plants, still love the Ludwigia. ( it has large roots all the way to. and in to, the substrate which is a small layer of sand)

Attachments

• 20190319_111838 copy.jpg
    20190319_111838 copy.jpg
    665 KB · Views: 149
Back