• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Black spots on new plant ?

Becksy

Can someone tell me what the black spots are on my new plant in image. The tank is a week old planted and was in a dark start for 4 weeks without plants. My co2 is showing good on my drop checker and my lights are on for 6 hours at mo. Any help appreciate.

Attachments

• 8C593555-F3AF-44BA-B803-BE6E7044A65F.jpeg
    8C593555-F3AF-44BA-B803-BE6E7044A65F.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 155
Ow my god! I so hope that’s better.
Hi @Becksy Got it. Well, hard to say. I see something that looks like mechanical damage (perhaps from snails at the LFS) and some that look like deficiency... If the plants only been in your tank for a week there is a good chance the damage was incurred before being put in your tank. Make sure you dose a complete fertilizer and give the plant some time to recover / adapt to its new home - the plant will be better off if you remove a couple of those leaves that already appear badly damaged.

Cheers,
Michael

Hi @Becksy Got it. Well, hard to say. I see something that looks like mechanical damage (perhaps from snails at the LFS) and some that look like deficiency... If the plants only been in your tank for a week there is a good chance the damage was incurred before being put in your tank. Make sure you dose a complete fertilizer and give the plant some time to recover / adapt to its new home - the plant will be better off if you remove a couple of those leaves that already appear badly damaged.

Cheers,
Michael
Ok thank you. I must admit these two plant were quite damaged in transit. I was told not to dose until 3 weeks. But was wondering if I could as I’ve dark started and no signs of algae.

Hi @Becksy,
Ok thank you. I must admit these two plant were quite damaged in transit.
Yes, transportation damage is quite common - unfortunately.

I was told not to dose until 3 weeks.
There is no reason to wait to begin dosing. As soon as you have plants in your tank you want to start feeding them right away.

Cheers,
Michael

plant looks like ammania gracilis or senegalensis, not sure which. but it looks like it was shipped to you in emmersed form (old waxy green leaves) the old green leaves can be discarded to encourage new submersed growth. cheers. @Becksy

plant looks like ammania gracilis or senegalensis, not sure which. but it looks like it was shipped to you in emmersed form (old waxy green leaves) the old green leaves can be discarded to encourage new submersed growth. cheers. @Becksy
Sorry. The plant is Nesaea crassicaulis the new growth is also strug.
E948003A-FE40-43ED-AF91-33417543D8F0.jpeg

Back