• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Black spot in my substrate

Mannic05

I have a black spot in my substrate. The substrate in this tank is 3 months old, whit an dennerle deponitmix and a 4 cm thick layer of gravel. Could it be possible that the deponitmix is causing some kind of rotting proces, i smells a little like bad eggs.

What can i do whit this, and is there an solution.

Best regards Manuel
20171125_202154.jpg

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-T530 met Tapatalk

I have a black spot in my substrate. The substrate in this tank is 3 months old, whit an dennerle deponitmix and a 4 cm thick layer of gravel. Could it be possible that the deponitmix is causing some kind of rotting proces, i smells a little like bad eggs.

What can i do whit this, and is there an solution.

Best regards ManuelView attachment 111424

This is a build up of anaerobic bacteria. It will bubble out and would cause harm to a degree. Best to get down into the substrate and attempt to syphon up as much of possible of the black mass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a build up of anaerobic bacteria. It will bubble out and would cause harm to a degree. Best to get down into the substrate and attempt to syphon up as much of possible of the black mass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Matty, i will do this tomorrow, should i replace this part of the substrate completly?

Back