• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Bits & Bobs Scape - Aquascaper 600

Siege

Finally got round to starting a new hardscape in my AS 600. Tim persuaded my to set up a journal.

Need to glue down the wood so it doesn’t float and one piece of wood need attaching to another to give the appearance of one piece, this will give me 3 uprights at the back and will add height to the back.

Will add more soil & powder to give more height. Tank will be viewed mainly from left hand side as well as front, so important it looks good from these sides.

All the hardscape is stuff left over from previous tanks, apart from a couple of small extra stones and manzanita extra bits that I picked up at Aquarium Gardens.

I started with some ground up AquaRio tabs and some ADA Bacter 100 on the base. Soil is ProdiBio. Powder will be Tropica.

Anyway a few pics to give you an idea.

Pic of left hand side followed by full front.

7AE01320-5DA6-4CF4-B5A9-AD716B526EC7.jpeg
473E899C-AFAC-467D-8307-65CA57D950D6.jpeg

0533EF34-CA04-4865-8640-644DA0BEA912.jpeg
AA417456-17FC-4B5F-B654-95A5C61593F8.jpeg

At long last my friend a journal to look forward to cant wait for your immense skills to be shown looks great already

Well done Tim!
(and Siege :D)

I assume you’re intending to glue that back wall piece that’s presently lying atop the soil ;)

It’s lovely wood and stone

Plants?

Looks really good even though it's not planted yet, so will be interesting to see it when it is. Going to look great!

Great Placement, looks so good. Very Dramatic

Yes One of the Scorpions from the recent remake of Titans.

Cheers guys,

Not the greatest hardscape in the world but I am pleased with it. I wasn’t keen on doing a journal, but a couple of benefits I’ve already noticed -

- it’ll motivate me to do the tank. Looking after my own tanks is a a bit like a bus man’s holiday, so I’m prone to lose enthusiasm!

- looking at the photos, it’s really shows the main stone is too far back, so I’ll move that forward, didn’t notice with my eye.

At long last my friend a journal to look forward to cant wait for your immense skills to be shown looks great already

Haha, I don’t think so but, that’s added pressure!

Well done Tim!
(and Siege :D)

I assume you’re intending to glue that back wall piece that’s presently lying atop the soil ;)

It’s lovely wood and stone

Plants?

yes that bit is part of the main back one. Will be glued or cut off. I kinda like the end, so may stay. The bit on the soil will be lost under more soil. I would like to go quite high at the back right.

Nice! :thumbup: Anyone else see a scorpion?

Not as good as Tim’s spider, willow the whisp thing though!

Gluing this week so more pics will be coming :)

Beautiful stones you picked there!

Thanks, the main stone and I think another one or 2 are from this scape (the remainder have been reused already).
I bought a couple of smaller stones just before Christmas when I was playing around in the dry scape sand pit to go.

it was originally going to be literally one rock and one piece of wood with tonnes of plants from @Geoffrey Rea but I came down with man flu then so didn’t really happen'

5DBB83B7-C7DE-4279-B1E3-019F5F906B24.jpeg

Last edited:
Loving the layout. I've recently watched Clash of the Titans so the scorpion from that was the first thing that I saw when seeing this. So good job :lol::thumbup:

Looking forward to seeing it planted out

Back