• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Best way to soak bogwood

Nathanh2150

Hi all collecting a Large pice of bog wood tomorrow and seeing what’s the best way to soak the bog wood to remove the brown tannings

all help would be much appreciated
🙂

You could immerse it in a large tub for a few weeks as it sounds too big for average bucket. Seems a lot of us just weigh them with rocks in the aquarium and water changes reduce the tannins which most fish appreciate anyway then remove the rocks later

I put mine in a plastic bag inside a trug I then poured boiling water over it and then topped it up with hot water from the tap. I sealed the bag and then put a couple of bricks on top. This method worked for one piece after a couple of weeks but another lump had to be weighed down with rocks in another tank. One of them is still leaching colour into the tank after about six months.

Hi all Thankyou for all the help this is the pice that I am getting tomorrow I have a large plastic container with a lid would be doing 2 water changes a day for at least a week or 2 untill water seems clear enough didn’t think of a pillow case but didn’t know if kettle boiled water would speed up the progress ??
87A174FC-D2DF-4C7F-ACB9-2AA8DC8C4C3F.jpeg

Back