• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Best sand to go with Dragon stone

Eboeagles

I want to rescape my Fluval Edge as an Iwagumi and after having it for about a year I'm fully aware of how difficult this will be.

Therefore I've been looking to do an island surrounded by sand and looking around the web for inspiration has bought me full circle back to UKAPS and one of George's amazing scapes:

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=14467

I'm going to use Dragon stone and I've been practising the hard scape with my daughters moonsand (it works really well)!! But I have no experience with using sand and havent seen much in the flesh. I would like the sand to compliment the stone rather than be in contrast. I see George used Unipac Maui - but this looks very white to me and he is a skilled scaper so can get away with the contrast far easier than I think I can...

I've been think ADA Nile sand (no idea why)!? But I'm happy to go with kids play sand or anything ...

So can I have some suggestions?

Thanks guys. Stu that's obviously why I was thinking Nile sand it does look good!!

ghostsword said:
Argos kids play sand is cheap and goes well with the stone.

You were right I now have a large bag sitting in my hallway!! Way too much but hey £2.99 for 15kg!!

Thanks Luis...

Back