• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Best place to order large quantity of HC (Heminathus Callitrichoides)

Notator

Hi, I need to get some HC for a new tank... Well, I say some - I need enough to cover about 4 square feet of it!
Anyone any suggestions on best / cheapest place to get HC in large quantities?
Ta!

If you've got a Dobbies near you then I think they still price Tropica pots at 3 for a tenner. Worth asking if they can order some in, just make sure you collect them quickly before they get a chance to ruin them!

Birtsall have good prices on packs of 5 pots as well - Hemianthus callitrichoides 'cuba' - Scrophulariaceae Family

Have ordered from them before successfully. Can take a week or two because they only order what they've sold, but it means you get the plants fairly fresh.

hemianthus callitrichoides

Should be receiving my order from here tomorrow including some HC, they're Aquadip so European grown and only £2.45 a pot. I'll let you know if they're up to scratch but i'm pretty confident they will be.

And here is a 10% discount code "Pogostemon"

Thanks for those suggestions - both new to me - Scapegoat, if you could let me know how they look I'd appreciate it...
Some kind of common system of measurement would be useful wouldn't it... "a pot"..how big is "a pot" - most don't mention.. 5 x 5cm for £20 sounds pretty good though!

Thanks for those suggestions - both new to me - Scapegoat, if you could let me know how they look I'd appreciate it...
Some kind of common system of measurement would be useful wouldn't it... "a pot"..how big is "a pot" - most don't mention.. 5 x 5cm for £20 sounds pretty good though!

Working on that logic, it'll only cost you £11,520 to get you 4' square.

Nice one

lol Whitey...don't say things like that! My wife might see it!

I was planning on spreading it out and letting it grow - cutting it into small "plugs" and spacing them about 3 cm apart has worked for me in the past...
And that's quite a lot cheaper!

lol Whitey...don't say things like that! My wife might see it!

I was planning on spreading it out and letting it grow - cutting it into small "plugs" and spacing them about 3 cm apart has worked for me in the past...
And that's quite a lot cheaper!

Baah I nearly blahblahblah myself writing that last night!

Imagine though. A nice bed of HC, bet it would be comfy.

In vitro Live Aquarium Aquatic Plant eBay Item number:161017457572

seller is: underwatergarden

Back