• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Best PH test kit

Hi @Steve Buce
What test kit do you folks use/ recommend :bookworm:

If I were to use a pH test kit, I'd be looking at one of the JBL options. What pH range do you want to measure? JBL do narrow-range kits as well as wide-range kits. You're probably better off using a good test kit than a low-cost (less than £45) pH meter. I realize that doesn't directly answer your question but I hope what I've said may be of some use.

JPC

Im toying with the idea of setting up a soft water/ blackwater tank, so looking for a test kit suitable for this

Hi all,
Im toying with the idea of setting up a soft water/ blackwater tank, so looking for a test kit suitable for this
I'd use a conductivity meter, just aim for less than 100 microS conductivity.

None of the test kits, or meters, are <"very effective in soft, tannin stained water">.
JBL do narrow-range kits as well as wide-range kits.
That would probably be your best option if you did want a kit, a narrow range titrimetric kit, but you will have issues with both the staining of the water and <"the titration curve">.

cheers Darrel

Back