• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Best mid/top schooling fish?

I have some lampeyes (I had 6, but 2 passed). They are lovely fish, but very rarely school in my 110l tank, and when they do stay together, its not very tight.

white cloud mountain minnows, there a nice bright orangy/yellow with red fins. shoal quite well and very active stay around the top.

Espei rasbora (narrow wedge harlequins) - similar to harlequins, but nice copper coloured stripe, stay smaller & school tighter.

chrisjj said:
Espei rasbora (narrow wedge harlequins) - similar to harlequins, but nice copper coloured stripe, stay smaller & school tighter.

Now they look perfect and I think they will suit my tank fine. I am going to try the LFS to see if they have any - I am thinking 30 or so... :thumbup:

I like pencilfish which are a little skittish among larger fishes, but seem to stay near the surface and floating pennywort in my tank.

Rumminose

My micro rasbora are also great, never leave the surface area and are very active.

IMO rummynose are the nicest, close schooling fish - stunning in a planted tank, but mine are getting pretty big (for a suposedly small tetra!) and tend to stay near the bottom..... why I didn't suggest them

I saw penguin tetras yesterday at LFS, and I'm impressed by the way they swim, together as one. I know they grow quite big but I fell in love immediately

Back