• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Best location for inline attomiser

Deano3

Hi sure this has most likely already been discussed but I would like the attomiser in the cabinet but remember reading ita best close to tank is that correct ? Inline heater is in cabinet and then would like attomiser also or would the bubbles join together in the tubing up to tank ?

Also does it have to be a certain angle or does it work upside down etc ok ?

Thanks dean

The longer it takes for the bubbles to reach your tank the more the will be dissolved, just place it anywhere you like. There are many who even place the attomiser at the filter inlet to get even a better dissolving.[DOUBLEPOST=1407200870][/DOUBLEPOST]The longer it takes for the bubbles to reach your tank the more the will be dissolved, just place it anywhere you like. There are many who even place the attomiser at the filter inlet to get even a better dissolving.
I don't think there is a up or down with an inline attomiser.

There are many who even place the attomiser at the filter inlet to get even a better dissolving.

This may cause 'burping' within your filter. You'lll probably need to clean the ceramic once a week, which you'll probably want to do anyway. It doesn't really matter as if you have the spray bar setup the micro bubbles will swirl around your tank and a lot of it will dissvole in the tank.

Think this is previously were I have went wrong never cleaned so might buy another so can clean and swap over

How often do you clean your diffuser ? Do you just inject bleach into it ? The new ones can be taken apart so going to order one

Thanks dean

Hi Deano3, is important to choose the inline atomizer according with tank size and filter power.
You'll lose some flow but get a better Co2 dilution.
There are many models/brands.
My model is something like this, there are some things that i don't like in this product:
- difficult to clean and mount (i never clean my own, if you keep the filter clean you will have no problem)
- it's big, but size is in relation with tank size and filter power
- the opening rubber seal can be tricky so extra careful when open the plastic box
- extra fixing point is need (the rubbers are difficult to attach inside the cabinet)
- 90º angle (form inlet to outlet) is not always the perfect angle for the configuration of filtering system depends on your set)
These are the faults that i found after using this, but the Co2 diffusion is near perfect (which is the important business!)

mixer-reactor-connected.jpg

cheers

Brilliant thanks for great help everyone

Hi Deano3, is important to choose the inline atomizer according with tank size and filter power.
You'll lose some flow but get a better Co2 dilution.
There are many models/brands.
My model is something like this, there are some things that i don't like in this product:
- difficult to clean and mount (i never clean my own, if you keep the filter clean you will have no problem)
- it's big, but size is in relation with tank size and filter power
- the opening rubber seal can be tricky so extra careful when open the plastic box
- extra fixing point is need (the rubbers are difficult to attach inside the cabinet)
- 90º angle (form inlet to outlet) is not always the perfect angle for the configuration of filtering system depends on your set)
These are the faults that i found after using this, but the Co2 diffusion is near perfect (which is the important business!)

mixer-reactor-connected.jpg

cheers

You can use 60mm pipe clamps or even the the 2" waste water clamps if you stretch them. It actually cleans very very easy. The bottom screws off, you pull that tube out and then I use a dish brush to clean it.

Back