• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Best light dimmer

Nathanh2150

Hi all,
I’m Looking to put a light dimmer on my 900s twinstar but don’t know what to get to dim the light as will be using it on a planted tank

Hi Nick,
Thanks for the link i shall take alook
With the dimmer would I need a timer plug or does the dimmer for the light have an option for it being on/off

Hi Nick,
Thanks for the link i shall take alook
With the dimmer would I need a timer plug or does the dimmer for the light have an option for it being on/off
The dimmer has an on off function too so you won’t need a plug in timer for it.

cheers

Conor

Nathan hi,

this is the entry level dimmer, which connects in line and so it takes its power through the lighting circuit. No need for a separate plug and socket, plug and play straight from the box.

You can give it multiple commands, 6 or 8 from memory. So can create sunrise and sunset with it dimming gradually over your specified period.

These are available at half price on eBay and Amazon, but at least through Aquarium Gardens you get a valid warranty.

Atters

Hi William thanks for leaving a comment I have gone for the twin star dimmer that Conner recommend as I like the idea of that one with sun rise and sunset functions shall let u all know how it all works out once it arrives and on the tank light unit

Hi everyone,
I need some advice as I have the light dimmer and I'm looking to set it up to have it on for 6 hours a day with the co2 coming on 3 hours before the light and 3 hours turn off before the light turns off. I'm still new to having a light dimmer and just want to make sure I have it all well timed and would like your all advice. below is what im looking to set the light unit dimmer on please tweak it if I have done anything wrong I would much apricate it :D

2pm-0%
3pm-25%
4pm-40%
5pm-55%
6pm-45%
7pm-30%
8pm-25%
9pm-10%
10pm-0%

That looks fine, I'd personally suggest maybe having the co2 on a bit longer, maybe 2-1/2 hours before lights out? And i'm guessing you will ramp up intensity over time

Back